We are inviting firms and companies to undertake the work of renovating and improving toilets and washrooms in Homa bay referral hospital and Mbita sub-county hospitals respectively.
Standards to be used in fixing the toilets:
There has to be a fixed seat toilet (not a plastic one) in both toilets and the following standards need to be used:
- Standard room measurements 2200mm by 1500mm
- Surface, non slippery material
- 1000mm wide
- 400mm free space on side that person with a wheelchair can open the door
- no obstacles in font of the door
- no steps – rather a ramp with ascent of max. 8%
- Toilet seat height 450mm
- Support rail height from the ground 800mm
- Support rail distance from each other 600mm
- Handwash sink height from the ground 740mm
- Space underneath of the sink for knees
- Not located in a corner – space on both sides of the sink
Other things to consider
- consider the colors of the toilet and contrasts – the toilet seat, wash sink and door should stand out from the walls and floor easily.
- enough lightning
Interested applicants must submit their applications by 27th April, 2023 at 4pm Kenyan time.
- Duly registered firm.
- Tax compliance certificate
- Reference for past work in construction, plumbing and building (Three references)
- Bank account information
Applications can be delivered to:
The physical office: ANDSEA Kenya office, Matengo House at Kirindo center – along Homa bay-Mbita Road
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org